WDC 2014 and your project
This is your opportunity to put the global spotlight on your creativity. Cape Town will be a focal point for the international design community in 2014, with design-focussed projects and events hosted in the city throughout the year.
What can WDC 2014 do for you and your project?
- Official recognition as a WDC 2014 project.
- Inclusion in the official programme of events for the year.
- Meaningful exposure on all our communication channels.
- Local and international visibility through our integrated marketing efforts.
- Access to key local and global players (including sponsors).
- Rights to use the official logo and branding in conjunction with approved marketing efforts in 2014.
Please note: World Design Capital Cape Town 2014 is not in a position to directly fund or support funding initiatives for any of the submissions we receive.
How does it work?
The call for submission officially opened on 28 February and will close on the 5th of April 2013. The second and final call for submission will open in July 2013. Please visit our website again for more information at that time.
Proposals must be submitted online:
- Select one of the four themes the best fits your design initiative (existing or future).
- Make sure you enter the correct information in the mandatory fields.
- Provide us with context and tangible evidence of how your project will improve lives through design, within our uniquely South African and African context.
- A multi-disciplinary curatorial panel will evaluate all submissions.
- Submissions which best support the Bid promise and focus on bridging historic divides, reconnecting our city in structure and in spirit, rebuilding social and economic inclusion, and repositioning Cape Town for a sustainable future will be selected for inclusion in the programme for 2014.