The Themes Explored
The following groupings will help you to identity the theme that best fits your proposal and/or initiative.
African Innovation. Global Conversation
- Any innovative, design-led project, policy, product or event that originated in Africa and that has global relevance.
- Unique solutions from a unique continent.
- African ideas that have been exported beyond the continent.
Bridging The Divide
- Projects that use design to bridge the historical divide between communities, across borders, between first and third worlds, north and south, town and township, advantaged and disadvantaged.
- Projects that use design as a tool for reconciliation.
- Memory projects.
- Creative cross-sector partnerships.
- Collaborative projects that connect high and low tech, mass and bespoke, artisanal and technological, thinkers and makers.
- Urban and peri-urban renewal projects.
Today for Tomorrow
- Green, brown and blue sustainability projects.
- Projects that focus on human development, skills training and entrepreneurship.
- Education and job creation initiatives.
- Legacy projects.
Beautiful Spaces. Beautiful Things
- All the beautiful things from our beautiful continent.
- Inspiring and original architecture, interiors, landscaping, food, furniture, fashion, jewellery, craft, art, publications, illustration, film, photography and creativity.
- Beautiful items that are sold commercially.